I expected to have some lows during this detox but it still came as a surprise to me. I called my cousin and said, "I quit." I haven't missed bread or salt or the candy drawers at work. I miss the freedom to eat what my body and I are in the mood for. Also, I realized what an importance social gatherings hold for me. I miss happy hours with coworkers and close friends. I would recommend, if you are contemplating doing the detox, to pick a month where you have very little to no social obligations. I did not quit. This is the final stretch. 3. More. Days.
Debbie-Downer aside, I just eat the most delicious nicoise salad. To my beautiful cousin: You are an amazing cook and have made this an (overall) wonderful experience.
Out of boredom I discovered that heated brown rice topped with yogurt, maple syrup, soy milk and raisins is an amazing treat.
Dust off the skinny jeans and bottoms up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment