Thursday, October 1, 2009

Detox - Day 1: Oct. 1, 2009

Who knew hot water with honey tasted so good?

I have enjoyed all the foods so far. I found the lemon with hot water to be a little hard on my stomach and will be curious to see how it goes tomorrow. Jess is incredibly organized and I feel like I'm going to genuinely enjoy all of the detox meals she has prepared. It's as though I have a personal chef; me and Oprah.

The cold showers are refreshing. Dry skin brushing leaves the skin with a slight burning sensation. I'm not so sure about it yet. Also, will my skin glow after wading in 2 pounds of Epson Salt? Really?

I've decided to take a photo of myself each night for the next 30 days. If there is going to be a visual change I think it would be cool to see flip-book style.

I weighed myself at the gym which was maybe a mistake. Perhaps I'll only do that once a week. I took a spinning class for 30 minutes & burned roughly 350 calories. Tiny Dancer was the instructor. Her pants had gemstones on the butt. Fancy. She didn't however dance up against the wall this time which is always a relief.

My hope is that this program will break some of my poor eating habits and introduce me to new ideas about healthy living.

I'm patiently awaiting my many Amazon packages: Body Tape Measure; Detox Book; Dry Skin Brush (my own! using Jess's feels like sharing a toothbrush)

I'm looking forward to shrimp marinated in dill for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment