Friday, October 23, 2009

Detox - Day 23 OCT. 23st, 2009

In my dream last night I ate two huge donuts. The guilt was heavy but it didn't stop me. That said, I must admit that I'm fantasizing about food a lot lately. I'm nervous for the day when all foods are back on my menu and I have to start making choices again. Will I have more self control? Will I feel gross after anything remotely sugary/salty/greasy? Can I keep my paws out of the candy drawer at work? Will honey still be such a treat?

I am feeling good about how my clothes are fitting but not entirely happy. I've decided that I need to add weight training into my daily workouts. I think my body has hit a plateau and in order to reach the next level of fitness I need to give my muscles a shock.

A (young)friend of mine had open heart surgery to correct a heart defect. He's now on a very low sodium diet for the rest of his life. I spend so much time and energy doing cardio workouts to strengthen my heart. Salt is something I never thought twice about but from now on I'll be reaching for low sodium foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment